Monday, September 11, 2006

Day 11: And we hit the magic number 200

I guess no one caught that my last day was actually misnumbered - it was supposed to be Day 9, but I miscounted. So here I am on Day 11. I've been watching the numbers creep up all day as people I sent Emails to sent Emails to their friends and family. As of about five minutes ago, we hit the magic number of 200, which was my minimum. However, don't despair - I am planning to keep it open until the 22nd, because you can never have enough data. I would be absolutely ecstatic if we hit 500 responses from around the world, and I would be swimming in data the last week before my paper is due (and my presentation is up and running).

There's something eminently satisfying about having the numbers go up and up and up (especially since at the time my bugs were going down and down and down), so I thought I would go ahead and reveal the results of one of the surveys:

Where did you first learn how to use the phone?

Some friends who took the survey (from a mailing list I'm on) started asking themselves this question. I shared with them the numbers I had so far, and a couple of people said they had learned how to use the phones themselves. As I recall, the conversation went something vaguely like this: "I just pushed lots of buttons until I got someone and said, 'Hello?'" The wonders of a small child... I'm hiding all my phones from my future children until they know their letters and numbers.

So this is where we are with that question:

























I do not know how to use the phone1% (2)
I figured it out on my own/read instructions on my own45% (86)
I was taught how to use it in a class0% (0)
Someone else (not in a class) taught me how to use it25.7% (49)
I don't remember24.1% (46)
Other:4.2% (8)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home